• 8 Endive
• 8 slices of Black Forest ham
• 8 ounce's of Swiss cheese
• Salt and pepper
• Bring some water to a boil and then on medium high heat, cook the endive for 30 minutes.
• Take them out to drain any water. When cool, with paper towels squeeze them to remove any remaining water. Cut the small, stubby ends after they're done cooking.
• Take your wonderful baking dish and melt about 2 teaspoons of butter in it.
• Create your Béchamel. When your endive is well drained wrap each one in a slice of ham.
• Cover the entire dish with your béchamel or white sauce and put it in the oven at 350 F for 20 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
• About 10 minutes before coming out of the oven, add the shredded Swiss cheese to the top and broil for a wonderful color.